Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Thanks

At some point yesterday, someone stumbled on to good old Blog Meridian and was counted as the (give or take) 6000th visit since I've had a counter. Some of those--many, in fact--are accidents of Google searches; many of them are visits from blog-surfers; some of them are visits from Yours Truly from other computers. But a substantial number of them, especially lately, are return visitors, and/or they have found their way here via other blogs who have done me the favor of linking to me. Even more amazingly, they have tended not to recoil in horror or revulsion once they get here; instead, they hang around and read other stuff here. That is gratifying, especially since this blog doesn't exactly have a topical fixation.

All this is a long way of saying Thanks, especially to those of you who keep coming back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are most welcome! I have never bothered with a counter. S'pose I should, but I would probably just get depressed knowing how bad it is. Maybe better to just pretend and fantasize about it.

John B. said...

As you probably know, bloggers are generally of two minds about counters and other traffic measures. Some, including some very prominent bloggers, just don't want to know that sort of thing; other blogs I've visited (mine included) have more than one. Personally, I like knowing how visitors find this site and what they read when they get here, but it's also a wee bit deflating to know that between 70% and 80% of my blog's visitors stay for a minute or less. So, the counter can be a two-edged sword.

But, again: thank you for visiting--and for linking to my site.