Friday, July 09, 2004

No news yet, but a pretty good parody betimes . . .

It's been pretty quiet here of late in Meridian-Land (though the SO and I DID find a pretty nice place to co-habit together, and so we've set into motion that paper-generating machine called The Lease.  We'll take care of that on Monday, then wait till August 12th, when it'll be ready for moving the SO there, along with some of my stuff (her lease ends here ends in August, mine at the end of September).
Another post later tonight or tomorrow; in the meantime . . .
Yesterday, good ol' Wonkette linked to a blog I'd not heard of before (which isn't saying much, I admit) called The Minor Fall, The Major Lift.  Below is a post from June, in which . . . well, you'll see. (Hint: It helps to have read some Faulkner.)
I've not done extensive research, so I don't know whether s/he writes all his/her own material or takes submissions from others, but the post for today is also a parody, this one of a Scott McClellan (Bush's press secretary) briefing.  Again, it helps to have a knowledge of the real thing; to wit . . .
Here is yesterday's example of that; it so happens to be a source for some of the phrasing in today's TMFTML post.
Tonight/tomorrow: some musings about The Godfather, which I finally saw for the first time last night (yes: the "What!? You Haven't Seen THAT Yet?!" List grows shorter by one), and my reminding myself about the music of Gentle Giant.

No comments: