Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dialogue on Race

I don't generally agree with Oxblog's politics, but what I like about it is that its writers are smart and that what is at stake for them are ideas. How refreshing is that, especially in this political campaign?
Anyway, I wanted to provide a link to their announcement of a dialogue on race that they've initiated. As you'll read, what prompts that dialogue isn't ideology but simple human decency. Again I ask: how refreshing is that?
Below that, you'll see a sign from Pensacola, Florida, and that image allows me the opportunity to indulge myself by publicly announcing that my children and their mom arrived safely in Dallas earlier today. They are safely out of Ivan's reach. The house, though, may be another matter entirely. We'll know more in the morning.

No comments: