Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I'd like to direct your attention to the right-hand side of the page . . .

. . . where you'll find a few links to charitable organizations that I think are worth your time and money. In this season associated with giving (and in this particular year in which the planet this past Sunday has reminded us yet again just how puny human beings and their structures are in the face of Nature and its forces), it is more than appropriate that we honor that power by aiding, in some way, ALL its inhabitants: that we aid wild plants and animals by protecting their lands and seas; that we aid those people willing to aid themselves; that we aid those people who, through disaster or abject poverty, are unable to aid themselves.
That aiding is a spiritual, a religious, a moral obligation to our fellow human beings and to this planet. Join me in thinking about that obligation and in what you are willing and able to contribute to meeting it. At the very least, I encourage those of you with links on your blogs to add links to those organizations that you consider worthy of that honor. As for me, I look forward to making the list here much longer.

No comments: