Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Faith and Justice

As you can see from the post below, and as long-time readers know, I am and have been interested in making religious discourse in this country less shaped by the Religious Right. Thus, then, a quick plug for a new-ish website, Faith and Justice that I've added to the Links column on the right. Articulate, principled writing that responds with grace and patience and, yes, love to the trolls who post comments. One small complaint: at present, unless I've missed something**, its focus seems to be confined to the church's response to various gender issues. Granting the importance of those issues, I hope they will address other issues as well: the needs of the poor here and abroad and a position on environmental issues are two that immediately come to mind. At any rate, if you're interested in such matters, pay them a visit.

Technorati tags:
,

**Correction:
I must be blind, or my memory is failing.
In revisiting the site this morning (Friday, June 30), I noticed posts on Gitmo, on raising the minimum wage, and on voting rights. So: ignore all that narrow-focus talk . . . and, again, get thee to Faith and Justice.

No comments: