Saturday, November 03, 2007

Something you should know

My marriage is ending.

Things have been headed this way for some time now, but I held out hopes that it would not happen, at least not officially, and not for a while.

The Mrs. has been part of this blog since, literally, its very first post, before we were married. She--things she has said that are quoted here, ideas for some posts--is responsible for many of this blog's best moments (this one in particular). Indeed, it was her own, short-lived blog that inspired me to start mine. It's for these reasons that I've decided to say anything at all here.

I have some stock-taking to do, but you'll be immensely relieved to learn that none of that will appear here. This isn't that kind of blog, after all.

If you feel compelled to respond to this post, I'd much prefer e-mail to comments. Your thoughtful silence, too, is equally welcome.

No comments: