Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Places to visit

I'm not sure if my reader(s) missed me while I was away from "here," so it's potentially embarrassing to say I'm back if no one noticed my absence. Well. The risks one runs.

In any case, some kind people, worthy in their own right, have linked to good old Blog Meridian over the past couple of weeks, and I'd like to acknowledge them here.

Zunguzungu. Z. was kind enough to speak favorably of my Outlawyer post a while back, and I learned just yesterday that I've been added to his list of "Blogs that tremble as if they were mad." Given the other blogs in that list, I'll take that as a compliment. Z. writes long, substantive, refreshingly sane posts on that nebulous field called American Studies; recurring themes are Westerns, depictions of native Americans, and postcoloniality.

Cup o' Joel. Joel Mathis, long-time readers know, is a long-time friend of this blog; late of reblueamerica.com and, before that, the Lawrence (KS) Journal-World, Joel is, for now, blogging on his own about politics and life (mostly bucolic, it would appear) in the former residence of William S. Burroughs. And, hey! The man needs a job! Help a brother out, why dontcha?

In the Midst of Things. This is something like fellow Wichitan Russell Arben Fox's trailer-reel for the full-length features of his fine blog, In Medias Res. It literally just appeared over the weekend, so I'm not sure where it's headed.

Anyway. I hope you'll go and visit these fine people.

No comments: