Thursday, February 23, 2006

7x7 meme

I'm sure this happens all the time to the cooler denizens of the blogosphere, but it's a first for me: I've been double-tagged for the same meme, by JC at downtheinkwell and Tom at a dancing star!. My way of saying thanks to them is to send you good people their respective ways.

Here we go!

Seven things to do before I die:
*Finish turning my dissertation into a book
*Read ALL of Remembrance of Things Past
*Have another child
*Visit Alaska
*Stand in front of Las Meninas for a really long time
*Buy some land; build a home there

Seven things I cannot do:
*Understand ignorance borne of laziness
*Eat rhubarb
*Write (good) poetry
*Juggle
*Teach any way other than the way I teach
*Please everyone
*Give up grinding my own coffee beans

Seven things that attract me to … my Other Half:
*Her beauty
*Her genuineness
*Her directness
*Her intelligence
*The way her eyes sparkle when she smiles
*Her astounding recall of what she reads
*Her funny voices

Seven things I say:
*"Good heavens!"
*"Geez!"
*"Does that make sense?"
*"Huh?"
*"y'all"
*(to Scruffy, when I want him to quit dawdling near the end of our walks) "Let's go see [Mrs. Meridian]."
*"Hook 'em, 'Horns!"

Seven books I love:
*Beloved, Toni Morrison
*As I Lay Dying, William Faulkner
*Don Quixote, Miguel de Cervantes
*Walden, Henry D. Thoreau
*White Noise, Don DeLillo
*Jealousy, Alain Robbe-Grillet
*One Hundred Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Seven movies that I’ve loved:
*Vertigo
*The Mission
*The Qatsi trilogy (yeah, yeah)
*Sophie's Choice
*Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
*8 1/2
*The Fellowship of the Ring

Seven people to tag:
I know this meme has been making the rounds, so if your name appears here and you've already been tagged with this one, you're off the hook.
*Dejavaboom at Musement Parking
*R. Sherman at Musings from the Hinterland
*Rene at Teoria del caos
*Tim at Infinite Regression
*Overlyconscious at Epiphatic Exhaustion
*Amy at Living in Books
*Raminagrobis at When her name you write, you blot

2 comments:

Andrew Simone said...

And here it is.

Belle Lettre said...

Why wasn't Eternal Sunshine nominated for an Oscar?

Why can't I write good poetry?

Why do people eat strawberry and rhubarb pie?

These are questions I'd like to answer before I die.

Your lists are great--they so remind me of the Top Five lists in High Fidelity, but you know, better and more practical.