Friday, February 17, 2006

Take a peek a' Topeka

I've often wondered if the Chamber of Commerce of the capital city of Kansas would consider adopting that slogan for a tourism campaign. Probably not. At any rate, though, it will be the Meridians' motto this weekend as we wend our way through the Flint Hills this afternoon to see my in-laws. We'll return on Monday.

Those who wish to read other things I've posted today are encouraged to go to this post at Vocabulary Reclaimation Project and this little post at Sine.qua.non. I hope you'll linger a while at both sites--Ariel and Nancy, respectively, would be much obliged to you.

2 comments:

AJ said...

I have my doubts about the slogan. However, I'm keeping an eye on the Texas - K-state game tonight after the startling loss to Okie State.

The Saturday matchup is still huge, but the 'Horns have revealed some weaknesses.

Thanks for the link, btw.

Anonymous said...

I think the slogan is ingenious!