Sunday, April 09, 2006

A stretch of river XI: Not quite "MacArthur Park" . . .

. . . because, well, I don't live by MacArthur Park (much less in Los Angeles).

And it's not raining.

And the cake (rectangular, from a grocery store) is covered, even if it WERE raining.

And it's sitting on a bridge railing as though it's thinking about jumping, perhaps precisely because someone had left it there.

And I'm pretty sure I can take it, since I didn't bake it and thus never had its recipe, much less the opportunity to lose it.

And, seeing as it's from a grocery store, I'm pretty sure THEY still have the recipe. Whew! THAT's a load off my mind, let me tell you.

So, now that I think about it, that cake with the green icing that's sitting there on the bridge railing (and it's been there since before 6:30 this morning), seeing as its particular context bears almost no relation to that of the green cake in Jimmy Webb's song, isn't all that remarkable after all.

Sorry to have bothered you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my LJ friends mentioned this song in one of his posts yesterday.

What a strange coincidence.

I'm glad your cake was protected from the rain.

amy

The Aunt said...

Wow.

You've GOTTA lay off peeling the icing off and eating it neat. That's a mean sugar rush you've got there.