Saturday, November 04, 2006

When someone asks you for an example of "irony" . . .

Point him/her to this:

In a year in which Republicans are blasting immigrants and trying to exploit xenophobia for political gain, Rep. Mark Souder (R-IN) is denouncing the phone bank calls made in support of his campaign by the NRCC because the live callers have such heavy Indian or Hispanic accents.

[snip]

Now, here's the kicker. Typically, the NRCC would use automated robocalls to deliver this kind of message. But because robocalls are illegal in Indiana and because the Indiana Attorney General has already successfully sued one GOP 527 group, the Economic Freedom Fund, to stop such calls, the NRCC is being forced to use live callers, a task which it has apparently outsourced.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my first smile/belly-laugh this morning... I should soon finish cleaning off the coffee I blew all over my monitor and keyboard...

John B. said...

Glad to oblige, though I will fight you in court if you sue for damages to your computer--I have a hotshot 1st-year law student on my side.

Globalization does sometimes bite the posterior of those who wish to benefit from it at times, no?